Friday, May 31, 2013

There and Back Again, a Fairyland Close to Millions of Hearts

It was one of the usual nights. Time was something past eleven. I was all set for my late-night movie show; earphones equipped in my ears, and my lap caressing laptop. Particularly curious, to discover what a prequel to my favorite trilogy had to unravel. As soon as I begun to lose myself in the eye-enchanting cinematography and ear-pleasing sweet melody of The Hobbit, an Unexpected Journey, all the memories of past came flooding back to me.


I remember the first time I watched Lord of The Rings (LOTR). It was a Saturday night, I was just kid then. I and my brother had bought a 3-disc CD of Fellowship of the Ring. It absorbed me like a magnet; I was moved to the core. It left an everlasting impact on my tender mind. The same feelings welled up inside my heart, when I watched this sweet mythological melancholy dissolve itself into the unknown lands; from where it came; in the next two parts.
I believe without a shadow of doubt that if you have indeed felt this story by heart, you must have, at least once, wanted to play in the placid greenery of Shire, wanted to wander in the elvish terrains of Rivendell, wanted to venture into those mystic caves of Moria and magical forest of Fangorn, wanted to fight those legendary battles and last but not the least on the wish list, craving to go in the city of devil, Minas Tirith and Mordor.
The fascinating story-teller Bilbo, who even if being a heartwarming Hobbit, can’t resist the dark powers of the Ring. The puzzling wizard Gandalf whose nuggets of wisdom guide the fellowship.  The naughty and playful Merry and Pippin, who have a knack of finding themselves in the trouble. The brave-heart Aragon, and his fearless companions Gimli and Legolas. The protagonist Frodo and  soul-touching friendship of Sam. Its characters, story and interwoven subplots, music, sets everything is so captivating and enigmatic!
If LOTR is magic, Hobbit, I would say, is magical and should not be compared with LOTR. While LOTR was more on the darker side, Hobbit unfolds lighter elements. In any case, I am more than happy to run in that fairyland again, as any die-hard fan, any curious child would.

No comments:

Post a Comment